cscc 2017 club mileage reports
The CSCC 2017 "Dashboard" and detail mileage reports are posted under the "Ride Info" pull down menu. They are in the file called "CSCC Miles". The data is updated monthly. The current info is through May 30th. You can click on the link below to go directly to the CSCC Miles page.
Team cscc daily NBC ranking
Colorado Springs Cycling Club has a team in the 2017 National Bike Challenge (NBC) (1 May through 30 Sept). This is our 5th year. Charlie Czar updates the Club's, state's, and Colorado Springs's positions daily and posts it to the link below. Come ride with us, be safe, and post often.
Elevenmile Canyon Ride
14 people "carpooled" to Elevenmile Canyon and rode their "fat tire" bikes 19 miles in and out of the canyon on Jun 14th. The group photo was taken by Bill Gast. The weather was excellent. After the ride, 11 of us met at the Ute Inn in Woodland Park for lunch. Two more canyon rides will be scheduled before 30 Sept.
june is bike month!
June is Bike Month and there are lots of great events and activities throughout the month, so join the fun!
Two great City sponsored events are the Mayor's Community Ride on June 3 and Bike to Work Day on June 28.
Mayor's Community Bike Ride June 3
Join Mayor Suthers Saturday, June 3 for a four-mile community bike ride to celebrate Bike Month. The ride is organized through a collaborative partnership between the City of Colorado Springs and Bike Colorado Springs.
START: Pikes Peak Greenway trailhead at University Village Colorado shopping center at 5246 N. Nevada Ave. (park between Stein Mart and Christy Sports).
END: Lincoln Center, 2727 N. Cascade Ave.
RIDE DEPARTS 8 a.m., riders should arrive by 7:45 a.m.
CELEBRATION: Post Ride Celebration with refreshments, music and fun! Join the Lincoln Center businesses: Red Point Cafe, Building Three Coffee Roasters and Nightingale Bread for free light refreshments and food for purchase. Riders can return to University Village Colorado on their own or with a designated ride leader at designated times.
Bike to Work Day June 28
Registration for the 24th Annual Bike to Work Day is now open. Riders can sign up to ride to any one of several breakfast locations across Colorado Springs. Pick a breakfast stop along your commute and grab a friend, co-worker or your boss for a great time.
Bike to Work Day encourages bicycling for personal and community health, alternative transportation, recreation and sustainability. New this year, breakfast locations along our trail network are designed to support how people actually ride their bikes to work while highlighting local businesses that support bicycling in our community. Now, instead of having one main location supported by the City, there will be multiple locations supported by the community. For info and to register, click "more" below.
The National Bike Challenge is on!
NBC is back, and it is a little different this year. It is run through Strava, which you can synch to with numerous devices. You can also enter miles manually. Information from last year's team was moved into Strava, but you must register to activate it. It's quick and easy!
Click "more" below and follow the steps to join the challenge, and join the Colorado Springs Cycling Club. To enter miles manually, if you don't have a device, click the plus sign in the upper right corner.
bike friday for sale
$200! Custom Bike Friday Foldable touring bike
Fits 5'4" or shorter
250 lb. weight limit
20" tires - touring tires on the bike and extras listed below
12 speed (internal rear hub)
Titanium Suspension makes for great touring on uneven roads
4 new off road tires
At least 12 tubes
Set of tools for assembling and tightening any part
Two suiter suitcase on wheels for easy transport or shipping. All packing materials, instruction set including pictures of packing into the suitcase and step by step process
Water bottle holder
Suspension bag and attachment for in town riding
Regular top bag and rack for touring with padded shoulder straps and water bottle pocket
Bike Friday T Shirt, Jersey and cap
Purchased 1997 and sent in to company for thorough cleaning after last trip 2 years ago.
Call or email for test ride or additional questions
click here for archived news items...
Rides This Wee
On May 3, I attended the city’s Bicycle Master Plan Public Meeting. It was amazing to see all the participation and energy around our city’s efforts to make bike route connectivity city-wide a reality. We’re looking forward the “action” part of the plan… I hope you are riding more now that spring seems to have finally made up its mind to start, and staying safe. LOTS coming up with CSCC, and a few important “save the date” items for you all as well:
- CSCC Board meeting. May 23 at Pikes Perk, 5965 Academy Blvd N #203, Colorado Springs, CO 80918, 6 p.m. social, 6:30 p.m. meeting starts. OPEN to ALL CSCC members. Come see what the board does for YOU, a member of the longest-running and largest cycling club in Colorado Springs – CSCC! We welcome your input.
- CSCC’s first ever New Member Meet’n’Greet. DATE CHANGE On May 20 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., come by The Hostak Backyard Oasis (3785 Red Canon Place, Colorado Springs, CO 80904) for grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and meet new members and board members. If you are a new member (you’ve joined CSCC in the last year), you will get a gift for joining us. We’d love to meet you! More details on Meetup coming soon.
- 7 Ways to Make Cycling MORE Fun. Save the date - May 18 or May 20. CSCC’s League of American Bicyclists certified instructors have tips and tricks for you and can teach you skills in this training that will keep you spinning happily. More information soon on Meetup.
- CSCC Member meeting. June 6, 6 p.m. at the Westside Community Center, 1628 W. Bijou St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904. A great presentation from a couple who have ridden across the US multiple times – find out how you prepare and plan for cycling trips and what to expect along the way. I’ll be back from BVBF with a report on the ride.
- Buena Vista Bike Fest June 3 and Starlight Spectacular June 17! See the CSCC website and Meetup for details.
- SAVE THE DATE! July 9: the CSCC Summer Picnic and Rides at the Buffalo Lodge. Rides start at noon, and food happens about 2:30-3:00. RSVPS, side dishes and grills needed; if you can bring a grill, please contact me. Details coming soon on Meetup.
Please be safe out there. Recently a cyclist, Dr. Julia Roark, was struck by a vehicle and killed on Woodmen Road. Though not a CSCC member, she’s still a part of the cycling community, and I know all our hearts and prayers go out to her family and friends. Our friends with the Mountaintop cycling Club will be joining in the Ride of Silence on May 20. This ride is held internationally to honor those who’ve died in bicycle accidents. See the Meet up calendar for details and to RSVP to join in.
The calendar is filling up again with rides for summer – look for the 11 Mile Canyon ride, Full Moon Rides, mountain bike rides starting at the Buffalo Lodge, A Total Eclipse Ride (daytime ride, but bring your headlights), and more. As always, be safe, have fun, and “come along for the ride!”
Colorado Springs Cycling Club