bike friday for sale
$200! Custom Bike Friday Foldable touring bike
Fits 5'4" or shorter
250 lb. weight limit
20" tires - touring tires on the bike and extras listed below
12 speed (internal rear hub)
Titanium Suspension makes for great touring on uneven roads
4 new off road tires
At least 12 tubes
Set of tools for assembling and tightening any part
Two suiter suitcase on wheels for easy transport or shipping. All packing materials, instruction set including pictures of packing into the suitcase and step by step process
Water bottle holder
Suspension bag and attachment for in town riding
Regular top bag and rack for touring with padded shoulder straps and water bottle pocket
Bike Friday T Shirt, Jersey and cap
Purchased 1997 and sent in to company for thorough cleaning after last trip 2 years ago.
Call or email for test ride or additional questions
Colorado Springs bike Summit 2017
Registration is required for this FREE event on Friday June 2, from 1-7 p.m. as space is limited. Includes workshops and after-Summit Happy Hour and networking. Happy Hour is from 5-7 p.m. with beer Sponsored by Bristol Brewing.
The Colorado Springs Bike Summit is designed to get information to people who care about biking, create bike advocates, and shape a vision of what's possible in Colorado Springs. Partners include UCCS, Colorado Springs Independent, SRAM, Bike Colorado Springs and the Trails and Open Space Coalition. Silver sponsor of the Plenary: U.S. Olympic Training Center Velodrome. Also sponsored in part by Downtown Colorado Springs.
Your free summit registration includes:
* Keynote starting at 1 pm.
* Two breakout sessions
* Plenary session
* Optional Happy Hour and Expo
You can register for the Happy Hour & Expo Only.
Click below for registration information.
The National Bike Challenge is on!
NBC is back, and it is a little different this year. It is run through Strava, which you can synch to with numerous devices. You can also enter miles manually. Information from last year's team was moved into Strava, but you must register to activate it. It's quick and easy!
Click "more" below and follow the steps to join the challenge, and join the Colorado Springs Cycling Club. To enter miles manually, if you don't have a device, click the plus sign in the upper right corner.
register for the 19th Annual Buena Vista Bike Fest - June 3, 2017
The beautiful century route goes North to Leadville, along the scenic rolling hills of Turquoise Lake Road, around the Mineral Belt Trail passing aspen groves and conifer forests, meandering through the historic Leadville Mining District, and back to Buena Vista in the shadows of Colorado's highest mountain peaks. Nearly all of the climbing is completed over the first 60 miles of the ride, with the last 40 miles essentially downhill to flat! Riders also have options to take shorter routes including a 35 miler, a 50 miler, and a metric century (62 miles) while still enjoying the Collegiate Peaks magnificent scenery.
BVBF is sponsored by Buena Vista Rotary. We have been told by our riders that our rest stops are the best of any ride they have ever done. Our routes are well covered with SAG vehicles. For your safety the Colorado State Patrol will be patrolling route and the Chaffee County Search & Rescue will be providing EMT support
23rd annual starlight spectacular Saturday, June 17th, 2017
Two Ways to have a Superhero Starlight this year!
VOLUNTEER - CSCC will be running the rest stop in Old Colorado City. CeCe Beauchamp is coordinating the rest stop and we need VOLUNTEERS. Thousands of riders, some with fantasticly decorated bikes and wild costumes come throught he rest stop - this is FUN! Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
RIDE - Join the Trails and Open Space Coalition for this fun night-time bicycle ride that is suitable for most ages and abilities.
This year's theme is SUPERHEROES, so start planning your costumes now. Watch for details on the NEW COSTUME CONTEST, with great prizes, kicking off May 10!
Choose your route, from 14 to 22 miles, starting and ending at Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center, through the City of Colorado Springs, Old Colorado City and the Garden of the Gods.
Before the ride, enjoy music, food and drink, costumes and contests! Prizes for best illuminated bike, best costume and best group costume. Buy vintage Starlight shirts from prior years and other once-a-year goodies at our retail booth. Hot breakfast and more fun after the ride!
click here for archived news items...
Rides This Wee
On May 3, I attended the city’s Bicycle Master Plan Public Meeting. It was amazing to see all the participation and energy around our city’s efforts to make bike route connectivity city-wide a reality. We’re looking forward the “action” part of the plan… I hope you are riding more now that spring seems to have finally made up its mind to start, and staying safe. LOTS coming up with CSCC, and a few important “save the date” items for you all as well:
- CSCC Board meeting. May 23 at Pikes Perk, 5965 Academy Blvd N #203, Colorado Springs, CO 80918, 6 p.m. social, 6:30 p.m. meeting starts. OPEN to ALL CSCC members. Come see what the board does for YOU, a member of the longest-running and largest cycling club in Colorado Springs – CSCC! We welcome your input.
- CSCC’s first ever New Member Meet’n’Greet. DATE CHANGE On May 20 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., come by The Hostak Backyard Oasis (3785 Red Canon Place, Colorado Springs, CO 80904) for grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and meet new members and board members. If you are a new member (you’ve joined CSCC in the last year), you will get a gift for joining us. We’d love to meet you! More details on Meetup coming soon.
- 7 Ways to Make Cycling MORE Fun. Save the date - May 18 or May 20. CSCC’s League of American Bicyclists certified instructors have tips and tricks for you and can teach you skills in this training that will keep you spinning happily. More information soon on Meetup.
- CSCC Member meeting. June 6, 6 p.m. at the Westside Community Center, 1628 W. Bijou St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904. A great presentation from a couple who have ridden across the US multiple times – find out how you prepare and plan for cycling trips and what to expect along the way. I’ll be back from BVBF with a report on the ride.
- Buena Vista Bike Fest June 3 and Starlight Spectacular June 17! See the CSCC website and Meetup for details.
- SAVE THE DATE! July 9: the CSCC Summer Picnic and Rides at the Buffalo Lodge. Rides start at noon, and food happens about 2:30-3:00. RSVPS, side dishes and grills needed; if you can bring a grill, please contact me. Details coming soon on Meetup.
Please be safe out there. Recently a cyclist, Dr. Julia Roark, was struck by a vehicle and killed on Woodmen Road. Though not a CSCC member, she’s still a part of the cycling community, and I know all our hearts and prayers go out to her family and friends. Our friends with the Mountaintop cycling Club will be joining in the Ride of Silence on May 20. This ride is held internationally to honor those who’ve died in bicycle accidents. See the Meet up calendar for details and to RSVP to join in.
The calendar is filling up again with rides for summer – look for the 11 Mile Canyon ride, Full Moon Rides, mountain bike rides starting at the Buffalo Lodge, A Total Eclipse Ride (daytime ride, but bring your headlights), and more. As always, be safe, have fun, and “come along for the ride!”
Colorado Springs Cycling Club