CDOT launches the RoadX Bicycle and Pedestrian Challenge - $500,000 in prizes for your ideas
Here’s how it works:
The RoadX Bicycle and Pedestrian Challenge is open to all Coloradans over the age of 18 who want to submit ideas either individually or in teams. The Challenge consists of two tracks designed to not only solicit great ideas, but also actionable concepts.
Track One, Idea-thon:
· Encourages participants to submit a groundbreaking technological idea to improve bicycling and pedestrian safety
· Up to five winners will be chosen with a prize of $10,000 each.
Track Two, Do-athon:
· Prompts Coloradans to enter a unique and implementable idea and deploy the technology within eight months.
· Up to five finalists will be chosen and each will receive $75,000 to build proof of concept.
· The team that deploys the best working technology over eight months will receive $150,000 to continue the program. The runner up will receive $50,000 and third place will receive $25,000.
The call for proposals opens today and all entries must be submitted through Imagine Colorado via https://www.imagineco.us/en/challenge/roadx-bicycle-pedestrian-challenge. Proposals may be submitted in English or Spanish. All proposals are due February 27, 2017. Finalists will be selected on March 31, 2017. To learn more about RoadX, visit https://www.codot.gov/programs/roadx.